The most awaited Oscars 2016 was packed with some stunning moments. Check out!
So, here was the big night to commemorate the deserving artists and it couldn’t get anymore better than this. The red carpet saw some of the finest award winners walking away with their majestic Oscars trophy and we could sense the happiness amongst all others sitting right there. So just in case you woke up late this Monday of the 29th February and missed watching the Oscars, we’ve got it covered for you.
Some of our best Oscar moments were all about the winners, their speeches, best dressed personalities, sight of our very own Priyanka Chopra and much more!
· Leonardo Dicaprio winning the award for best actor in lead role for The Revenant – My goodness, believe it or not, he is the winner by all means. Thanks to his two decades long cinematic journey in Hollywood, endless hours of hard work, dedication and consistency that Leo finally walked down with an Oscars this year. The acceptance speech was totally commendable and left one and all present at the Dolby theatre, in overwhelming happiness.
· Madmax winning 6 awards - What else can get more fantastic than winning six Oscars for a single movie? Congratulations to the entire team. The hard work has finally paid off.
· Priyanka Chopra on red carpet – The Bollywood queen looked resplendent and almost like a dream in her ivory white Zuhair Murad strapless gown while she presented the award. Ryan Seacrest interviewed her on the red carpet and we were totally bowled over by her effortless charm. The actress even mentioned about flying to Miami the next day for a film shoot. One hell of a busy woman, we must say!
· Comedian Chris Rock captured the spotlights - While he was hosting the Academy awards that night, he boldly addressed the racism issue saying - Hey, I’m here at the Academy awards, otherwise known as the white people’s choice awards. You seriously got to watch his monologue. He just nailed it, utterly brilliant!
· Lady Gaga performed on her Oscar nominated song – The ever bold and beautiful singer, presenter never fails to entertain her audience and she knows how to do a great job. On the night of 88th Academy Awards Lady Gaga gave a terrific performance on her Oscar nominated song ‘till it happens to you’ from The Hunting Ground and dedicated it to all the sexual assault survivors. It was an emotional and empowering moment when she brought up a group of sexual assault survivors to join her on stage by the end of the performance. The audience roared in applauds!
· The fun moment! That bear from The Revenant was also present at the awards – Yes, and we couldn’t stop smiling over his cuteness. Buddy you truly deserved to be there as Leo has finally won! Sharing happiness, isn’t it? ;)
· Sam Smith’s remarkable victory – Renowned singer dedicated his Oscar victory for the best original score (“Wall” from Spectre) to the LGBT community. He even proudly stated that he was, perhaps the first openly gay person to win an Academy award. To verbatim him, these were his actual lines- “I stand here tonight to accept this award as a proud gay man”. More power to you, Sam!
The Academy awards have always been about celebrating cinema, classic legends, and unforgettable memories.